For students interested in internship opportunities the following points should be considered:
- First and foremost, it is necessary for the student to commit to an internship as well as reaching an adequate joint understanding with their faculty mentor of the timing in relation to their graduate studies.
- We recommend searching for openings by browsing member company web sites. On the CBiRC website there are links to company website job openings and internships.
- If a student identities a specific company, then they should consider submitting their resume via the Internship Administrator.
- A near ideal option would be to have a student identify a specific industry person who indicated that they might have appropriate internship opportunities. This might come from meeting that industry person at one of CBiRC’s Annual meetings for example.
To place an Internship-Posting in this website, please email the Internship-Posting Administrator. For additional opportunities we recommend using job search engines, looking at CBiRC’s Industry Member web pages and seek internships being posted on LinkedIn Connect CBiRC Alumni and also Biofuels Digest Jobs.
- 9/24/2015 INTERNSHIP Cargill seeking Engineering R&D Intern. Basic Candidate Profile: The Engineering Research and Development (EngRD) function at Cargill will provide students with a graduate engineering background, the opportunity to apply knowledge in an industrial setting. The internship program is designed to provide students with one or two core projects that will be substantive in nature within the EngRD Engineering Numerical Analysis group. They will be the primary technical contributor for completing the work on the project, with mentoring and leadership support from the EngRD team. We are looking for highly skilled engineers who are enthusiastic about tackling non-traditional simulation, control and data analysis projects. See link Engineering R&D Intern – UNI03877.
- 3/15/2013 JOB Internship – Chemical Industry – Ashland Chemical. Location: Dublin, OH. The R&D graduate intern in Ashland Performance Materials’ Global Technology will work on one or more projects involving the development of new technologies for coatings and adhesives for food packaging applications or polymer matrix composites. The intern will have an opportunity to gain valuable industrial R&D experience while working alongside some of the most innovative scientists and engineers in the industry. In addition, interns will be evaluated as a potential entry-level new hire for a broad range of positions within the R&D organization. An R&D graduate internship with Ashland is a great way to gain valuable experience in the chemical industry, to develop real world skills, and to position you for a rewarding career.. Apply at: Candidates should send their resume’ to Joe Fox, Director of Emerging & External Technologies at email@example.com.
- 2/29/2012 INTERNSHIP Danisco/DuPont seeking Molecular Enzymologist. “This intern project requires the overproduction of a number of enzymes from Escherichia coli and testing their activity profile by biochemical assay on a group of specific substrates. The candidate will overexpress and purify a selection of enzymes from E. coli and study their kinetic properties on a panel of substrates. The candidate is expected to have a basic understanding of biochemistry and some actual lab experience in acquiring enzyme kinetic data, analyze these data, and draw conclusions from them. It will be an advantage if the candidate has had lab exposure to sterile microbiological culture technique. This project is linked to our metabolic engineering effort to manufacture isoprene from renewable carbon sources”. Write to Walter Weyler <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Deadline for application is March 31, 2012;