Below is a short summary of some of the many possible sources of support and funding for early stage startup entities:
- US Patent and Trademark Office (support for the patenting process and filing trademarks).
- SBIR and STTR Federal Grants (Small Business Innovation Research & Small Business Technology Transfer).
- PFI-AIR Grants from NSF (Partnerships for Innovation – Accelerated Innovation Research).
- SECO Grants from NSF (Small-Business/ ERC Collaborative Opportunity).
- Venture Well (a higher education network that cultivates revolutionary ideas and promising inventions).
- I-Corps from NSF (NSF Innovation Corps).
- Innovation Ecosystem Partners (CBiRC affiliated organizations).
- Information on Limited Liability Companies